Most have the idea that more expensive web hosting is better we bosting. Actually, it is not true. A shared web hosting might be good or enough for some users. If their website is hosted on a dedicated server, paying much more but they will unlikely see the difference. We call it overkill.
Most personal or small business website can use shared hosting. With Sucuri Web Application Firewall, you can still enjoy close to enterprise website protection. Plus the affordable monitoring from Sucuri, your shared hosting website is top notch in my perspective.
If you have met the following criteria, you can consider hosting your website on a shared hosting.
- Got a very low budget < $100 per year.
- Only a WordPress website or something similar.
- I just want to introduce my business online.
- I want to create 5 or fewer email accounts.
- I update my website once a month the most.
- Sharing IP is alright as long they come to my website using my domain name.
- Only a few visitors each day, and do not have any online transaction.
If you have met most of it, you are safe to subscribe to a shared hosting.