Acceptable Usage Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Service Agreement with VASTSPACE PTE LTD (also known as VASTSPACE). If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document, VASTSPACE reserves the right suspend or terminate your account.
VASTSPACE’s Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) for VASTSPACE services is designed to help protect our customers, and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by VASTSPACE. We reserves the right to modify the policy at any time, effective upon posting at http://vastspace.net/acceptable-usage-policy.
Prohibited Uses of VASTSPACE Server and Services:
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
Unacceptable practices include but are not limited to…
- Drug dealing
- Violation of copyright law
- Illegal gambling/Lottery sites
- Illegal arms trafficking
- Stalking or violating state or federal law.
- Attempting without authorization to access a computer system
- Schemes to defraud, sending a message or having content that is indecent according to Singapore laws with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass another person
- Threatening bodily harm or damage to individuals or groups
- Violating International Export restrictions
- Interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service
VASTSPACE does not actively monitor Cloud VPS, Cloud Server and Dedicated server content for review. VASTSPACE believes in the free dissemination of information via our services. Server content will only be reviewed upon complaint by verified third parties. Content that does not violate local, state and law or the AUP is deemed in compliance and shall remain intact.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email (“UBE”, “spam”). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through Vastspace Pte. Ltd.’s servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilising any resource hosted on Vastspace Pte. Ltd.’s servers is prohibited. Vastspace Pte. Ltd. accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider. ANY form of spamming activity (e.g. mail spam, Usenet spam, pop-up spam, selling/buying spam-ware, and so on) conducted ANYWHERE on the Internet, i.e. whether through our facilities or not, will be.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by Vastspace Pte. Ltd. customers must be Closed-loop (“Confirmed Opt-in”). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any Vastspace Pte. Ltd.-hosted domain, or referencing any VASTSPACE account, is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
- Unauthorised attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., “cracking”). VASTSPACE reserves the right to report illegal activities to any and all regulatory, administrative, and/or governmental authorities for prosecution. If you have any question regarding this abuse policy please feel free to contact VASTSPACE at [email protected]
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorised access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any Vastspace Pte. Ltd. customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronised number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the Vastspace Pte. Ltd. network or on another provider’s network.
- Using VASTSPACE services to interfere with the use of the VASTSPACE network by other customers or authorized users.
- SERVER RESOURCES, THIS APPLIES TO SHARED HOSTING SERVICES ONLY. Running programs in the background on a VASTSPACE shared server without prior written authorization or running chat rooms, Internet Relay Chat (IRC) or IRC Bots, more than 1000 emails a day and the like are not acceptable uses of VASTSPACE shared servers. Further, any usage of fifteen percent (15%) or greater of our system resources is an undue burden on our shared systems and is regarded as unacceptable. If your usage ever exceeds fifteen percent (15%) of shared system resources, your account may be terminated immediately and without prior notice. In addition, any domain that exceeds ten gigabytes of bandwidth in a short span can be terminated without prior notice. Usage of scripts or other utilities to direct pointed domain names to subdirectories is not permitted and is grounds for termination of the account. VASTSPACE shared services may be used for lawful purposes only.
- Grounds for an instant, permanent termination of all services with no prior warning. Grounds for seizure of all on-premises equipment and data
- Grounds for forfeit of all funds paid
- Will result in a demand for payment of a fine (to cover damage to our reputation)
- $500/incident/spam clean-up fee, all of which is payable within 24 hours or will be referred to a collection agency
Customer Responsibility for Customer’s Users
VASTSPACE customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from VASTSPACE, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of VASTSPACE customer will be forwarded to the VASTSPACE customer’s postmaster for action. If violations of the VASTSPACE Acceptable Use Policy occur, we reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating VASTSPACE’s AUP as VASTSPACE deems appropriate, without notice.
Refusal of Service
We reserve the right to refuse, cancel or suspend service at our sole discretion. All Sub-Networks, distributive hosting sites and dedicated servers of VASTSPACE must adhere to the above policies. Failure to follow any term or condition will be grounds for immediate account deactivation without refund. If you have any question regarding this abuse policy please feel free to contact us at [email protected].