I have worked in this industry for more than 2 decades, seen many domains had registered. In my own perspective and opinion, there are the rules for choosing the right domain name.
- The domain name should not be more than 10 characters. Too lengthy domain name is difficult to remember,
- Choose the domain TLD is related to the website, It is a personal blog, will not consider .biz domain.
- easy to recall or remember, related to the business name for example.
- avoid the dash “-” in your domain name, most do not type or remember.
- buy and registered the common TLD if possible like .com .net .sg .my for examples.
- do mix the characters in the domain name with numbers.