This is some things most of us will not consider when we set up or but a web hosting. After all, the most robust web hosting with a failover mechanism might cost a lot. So, if you are on an ordinary web hosting plam there are the common failures you can expect.
- Electrical power – it can be the server power supply or the electricity from your power company. Most servers allow redundant power supplies. These power supplies operate in different sources of incoming electric power. Should one has failed, you have the other one runs and continue its operation.
- The cheaper servers do not have such feature or the buyer did not buy the 2nd power to reduce cost.
- The worst scenario is the engineer did not plug it in and this is happening because of the PDU sockets is limited. In order to fill up more servers in the rack, the redundant power supply is sacrificed.
- A Proxy web server – Your website is served by a web server. However, if you are thinking of web protection, distribute your traffic and get nearer to your visitors, a web proxy is used. So now you have 2 web server as one is your proxy web server. Any of them failed, your website will fail.
- Network – If your origin is only one, it is sitting on one network. So, as soon as the network has failed, your web hosting will fail.
- Server failure – A software or a hardware failure will cause your web hosting to fail.
Basically, they are Murphy’s law, we cannot beat them. Even, you are self-proclaimed the best web hosting providers, you will still face these consequences.