SERP affect your website?
There are a few search engines on the internet. Some website appears more often and ranks higher than others. Do you know why? No one will likely search for a company but a service or a product?Portrait of two business people pulling SEO banner
For example, I want to buy a tap, I will use the popular search engine online like Google to search for ‘tap’. Tap is the keyword. At the same time, I might need a spanner too, I will search for ‘hardware store’. ‘Hardware store’ is another keyword.
So, it is a must your page is able to tell your online visitors, I’m an online hardware store sells tap. Your website might appear in the search. But the question is in which page, Top 10? 20 or 30? Or I cannot find my website?
Here are tips to help some choose to DIY to save money. Again, I remind you time is only not your concern and patience is needed. My recommendation and tips suggest that your website might be ranked higher but the result is not guaranteed.
- If you can buy and use an older and expired domain. The longer, it has registered the better. The age of the Domain plays a role in ranking.
- Readable content and relevant content for the keywords you want to get listed.
- Images – try not to have an underscore or special characters in the name and alt is used in all images.
- Load speed of the website. Some websites have the tool to test your website first-byte load test. It helps.
- Geographical location. If your target customers are Singaporean, you don’t choose to host in the USA. However, this can be reinforced using the webmaster console not very crucial.
- Avoid errors like an unfound page, images or similar affect your ranking in search engines.
- Use correct unique title and meta description of each page.
- Use sitemap or sitemap generator.
- Use https.
- Links building. Try to link back to your website from others. And the other website is popular, this will help to rank higher.
- Use SEM. Advertise online to get click traffic.
Apart from method 11, most you do not need to speed money. Some may have, like getting a link from a press release or some may have even buy a link. Whatever the case, these are general things that you can do to get a higher ranking.
There are things like redirection, passive voice, transition words, the HTML H1 H2… tag, the frequency of the keyword is appearing are very detailed things to follow. A search engine like Google changes its search algorithm often. I supposed if you have done the above it definitely has a better ranking to a website not Search Engine Optimised.