I’m have been dealing with Smartermail for many years, probably since V3. The common issue that I’ve been experiencing with SmarterMail is blank and corrupted emails. I’m sure I’m not the only one and if you have googled they were many similar incidents.
I do not have an obvious reason but it has been observed this has happened on IMAP accounts and only on “busy” machine and less likely to happen on the more powerful servers with good IO and less populated servers. Nonetheless, if this is happening to you, try the following,
The blank items indicate that the users mailbox.cfg file became corrupt for their inbox. This can be corrected by performing the following steps:
1. Stop the SmarterMail service and ensure mailservice.exe terminates successfully.
2. Navigate to the users inbox folder, for example C:SmarterMailDomainsdomain.comusersUserIDMailInbox
3. Remove the mailbox.cfg file.
4. Start the SmarterMail service.
5. Sign in as the user, and there should no longer be any blank